Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just like air . .

Meaning . . . it's necessary.  Playing drums since grade school I have had a life long love affair with music.  In no particular order, here are some of the songs that hold a special place in my heart and for some reason (OK, because the boys are asleep :-). . ), I am playing on youtube and listening. 


Eddie Money - Trinidad
 

Dianna Reeves - Never Too Far
 

The Vaughn Brothers - Tick Tock
 

Marvin Gaye - Mercy, Mercy Me
 

Ian Moore - Blue Sky (Live)
 

Judas Priest - Victim of Changes (Live)
 

Etta James, Dr. John and BB King - I'd Rather Be Blind (Live)
 

Steve Earl and the Dukes - Good Ol'Boy (Get'n Tough) (Live)
 

Marquise Porter - We Almost Lost Detroit
 

Secondhand Serenade - Vulnerable
 

Randy Crawford - Knocking on Heavens Door (Live)
 

Buddy Guy - Where is the Next One Coming From
 

Steely Dan - Kid Charlemagne (Live)
 

Don Williams - Good Ole Boys Like Me
 

Sammy Hagar - Both Sides Now (Live) (p.s. yep, took the name of the blog from this song)
 

Oasis - Champagne Supernova
 

Chris Thomas King - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues (Live)
 

Anita Baker - You Bring Me Joy (Live)
 

The Jeff Healy Band - Hoochie Coochie Man
 

Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary
 

Bad Company - Burnin' Sky (Live)
 

Bob Dylan - Sweetheart Like You
 

Dwight Yoakam - Dim Lights, Thick Smoke and Loud, Loud Music (Live)
 

Hall & Oates - Sara Smile (Live)
 

John Mayer - Waiting on the World to Change
 
So that's just a few among the thousands that are running through my mind right now.  I have a lot to think about right now and it's all really good stuff to be honest.  I have a really important decision to make over the next couple of days and I am super excited about it but also super-duper anxious.  No matter what I decide, I will have less time with the boys and it's going to be tough being away from them.  It will also mean that I am away from Laura more and that is going to suck.  Sleeping without her is already tough. 
 
 
Thing is, the decisions we are facing will be helpful in many ways but like everything else that comes with cost.  It's a trade off, as always.  The good thing is that no matter what I decide I know that I have five amazing children and the most amazing woman on this earth to support and help me.  So the final song I am going to listen to reminds me of her and the future that awaits us. 
 

Westlife - I Wanna Grow Old With You
 
And that's how it works.  When I started listening to music tonight I was feeling sad, confused, worried and overwhelmed.  Now . . . not so much.  I have everything I could ever dream of and more.  I have some decisions to make but . . . things are going to be amazing, that much I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment