Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Ethan William!

On the 15th of August, Ethan William turned three.  Laura and I had a wonderful day with him and his younger brother Ian and enjoyed the Toledo Zoo like we have each of his first two birthdays.  The following day Ethan was joined by his older brothers Jacob and Knoah along with his older sister Hannah as we celebrated his birthday with a party full of family and friends. 

Ethan is an amazing little boy.  Although I hate that I continue to look for work I would be lying to say that being at home with Ethan has been horrible. 

Happy Birthday Ethan William - I love you son. 

 



Never Unsaid
 

I never want this to go unsaid,
So here in this poem, is for it to be said.
There are no words to express how much you mean to me,
A son like you, I thought could never be.
Because the day you were born, I just knew,
God sent me a blessing- and that was you.
For this I thank Him everyday,
You are the true definition of a son, in everyway.
It is because of you that my life has meaning,
Being your dad has renewed my sense of being.
I want you to know that you were the purpose of my life,
Out of everything I did- it was you that I did right.
Always remember that I know how much you care,
I can tell by the relationship that we share.
For a son like you there could be no other,
And whether we are together or apart,
Please do not ever forget-
You will always have a piece of my heart.

By Valerie Capasso
 
Note:  The following line of Ms. Capasso's poem was changed by me: 
Original line:  Becoming a mom has shown me a new sense of being.
Edited line:  Being your dad has renewed my sense of being.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment